Welcome to Broken but Blessed. Scroll to the bottom for an Index of Broken but Blessed posts.
I don’t know about you, but being around other Christians can be intimidating sometimes, can’t it?
It is supposed to be a comforting place but I often end up wondering what they think of me. If I measure up.
Truth is… I don’t. I fail miserably. Every day.
We all do though. God knows we are sinners and He doesn’t expect perfection, He doesn’t look at our outward appearances but looks straight at our hearts.
We can’t say that about our fellow man. I think that feeling of not measuring up or seeing the hypocrisy that we have sinfully ingrained into our beings can at times cause us to hole up and not want to get involved with other Christians because we’re too afraid of their judgment and failing their standards. Sometimes we might even feel that way within our own families or churches.
Broken but Blessed is about learning to forget about the world’s standards, because we will NEVER measure up and will always find ourselves with an emptiness that truly only God can fill.
Broken but Blessed is about reconnecting with our fellow Christians in an authentic relationship where we recognize we are all sinners, and it is okay that we’re human. We can’t be anything else until the Lord takes us to be with Him.
That doesn’t mean we don’t strive to be better, but it does mean we don’t have to live feeling so alone anymore.
Come meet me and join me here for regular posts that show God can create something so beautiful out of our sinful, broken, wayward lives. Start shedding your concerns about the struggles of living in this world and focus on the light at the end of this tunnel- our true heavenly home.
My hope is that through this section, you will be empowered to let go of whatever chains are holding you back from a better life in Christ and that you will feel safety here to slowly let go of your burdens and allow Christ to do what He came here for- to redeem the fallen (a.k.a. ALL OF US).
Thank you for joining me.
BROKEN BUT BLESSED POST INDEX
- 15 Prayers for Your Wife
- 15 Prayers for Your Husband
- 15 Prayers for Parents
- 15 Prayers for Your Children (or Grandchildren)
- 3 Steps to Healing Through Prayer
- 4 Limits to Prayer and How to Overcome Them
- How to Pray
- Seeking His Face
- Our Weekend to Remember
- Lord, Light My Path
- The Sacrificial Substitute (Part 4)
- Sacrificing Pride (Part 3)
- A Sacrifice of Praise (Part 2)
- Sacrifice More (Part 1)
- Weekend to Remember
- Four Ways to Build Character in Kids
- A Scare and an Answered Prayer
- Our Daughter’s Birthday
- Pray and Listen
- The Jesus Memo
- Featured with Grace & Truth
- Serve More
- Step 5 of 6 in the Waiting
- A Valentine for Sinners
- Step 4 of 6 in the Waiting
- Step 3 of 6 in the Waiting
- Saving Sarah
- Step 2 of 6 in the Waiting
- A Prayer Against Sin
- Step 1 of 6 in the Waiting
- Trying to Conceive: A Lesson in Waiting (Intro to a 6 part series)
- Love More
- 2015 Resolutions
- Hide it Under an Aussie Bushel- No!
- 3 Holiday Volunteering Ideas for Kids (Even Toddlers!)
- I Have No Gift to Bring
- Unworthy of God’s Calling
- Believing God
- You’re Not Good Enough
- Is Finding Our Feet for You?
- Why I Started This Blog
- Meet Kristi of Finding Our Feet
Is there something in your life holding you back from a stronger relationship with Christ? Something you’re just not ready to share or part with yet? Do you worry about what other people might think? What is your Broken but Blessed story? Share it with me here to possibly be featured in a future article.