As promised, I wanted to share with you my absolute favorite Bible verse memory system. This is cheap, impactful, and the best part- it can be done with all ages in only a few minutes each day. Our daughter isn’t quite four yet but already has so many verses hidden in her heart. Realistically, I know more verses by heart than I ever have too! It really is so simple.
I love to research and researched a wide variety of systems, but I can’t speak highly enough of this one courtesy of Simply Charlotte Mason. You can see their full tutorial here, along with video and recommendations of verses to start with. We decided on our own Bible verses based on what we find helpful for guidance, discipline, encouragement or simply ones that follow along with some of our curriculum or devotionals.
- Take out your notecard dividers and label them, placing them in your notecard box in this order:
- Sunday- Saturday (One labeled divider for each of the 7 days of the week)
- 1-31 (One labeled divider for each day of the month)
- Write a Bible verse on a notecard and put it behind the Daily tab.
- Review it once daily (we do it along with our morning devotions).
- Once your child has it memorized, move that Bible verse back a tab and add a new one to the daily tab. Continue with this process till all sections are full and then begin to double up the sections from there. Eventually you’ll build up to numerous verses behind each tab.
What are your favorite ways to learn Scripture?